SPIE Industrial Services has successfully secured the order for the design, supply and installation of the A55 Penmaenbach Tunnel LED lighting scheme and infrastructure upgrades.
The scope of works include the following:
- Design of the electrical and mechanical installations
- Installation of two 800mt linear stainless steel support grid and stainless steel containment
- Installation of LED linear base and boost lighting system
- Installation of a B Scout control system integrated in to the existing SCADA control system
- Installation of a fire retardant UPS distribution network for essential services
- Installation of a resilient 24 fibre network system
- Installation of a linear heat detection system
- Upgrade of existing Wayfinder signage and VAID CCTV systems
- Decommissioning of existing lighting and modifications to existing steel support systems
- Testing and commissioning
SPIE has been appointed as Principal Contractor on this project which is the forth consecutive contract secured though the Welsh Government Ancillary Framework Agreement.