An ambitious and motivated individual who wishes to develop their ‘professional’ career.
Because our work is so diverse, we can provide opportunities for individuals who want to develop a ‘professional’ career for themselves but do not have the university degree to support that.
We are looking for motivated individuals who want to be part of our successful business, people who are:
- Ambitious to succeed.
- Highly committed to working in either our Build & Connect or Facilities Management divisions.
- Flexible and adaptable to work with different customers, suppliers and teams.
MAKE THE GRADE
Can you make the grade? You’ll need either:
- GCSEs/Scottish Standard Qualifications – a good all round standard of education supported by a minimum of 6 subjects graded A-C, including Maths, English and a Science subject.
- BTEC/GNVQ Certificate or Diploma – having successfully followed a programme relevant
to our business and attained an overall credit, backed up with GCSE qualifications.
- A levels/Scottish Higher Qualifications – having achieved a minimum of 3 qualifications, including Maths at grade C or above.
As a professional trainee, SPIE are very supportive in my development, assisting me to achieve my desired grades to become a Chartered Quantity Surveyor.Trainee Quantity Survey Greig Connor
Building Services Engineering
Design and installation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, lighting and power into the built environment with a key focus on energy efficiency.
This involves the use of computer-aided design for smart systems solutions within buildings; creating a platform for state-of-the-art technology.
Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
This covers heating, ventilation and air conditioning design, including lighting, power distribution and control systems within our projects.
Public Health Engineering
This involves hot and cold water supplies, waste disposal design
QS & Commercial Management
Financial and contractual controls for our projects where you’ll monitor costs against budget, seek to minimise spend and enhance value for money.
To lead a team and manage resources to deliver the project safely, on programme and within budget whilst satisfying the requirements of our clients and stakeholders.
Calculate the amount of plant, resources, materials and time needed to complete a contract. This ensures we can bid for future projects at the right price.
Creating the engineering content for digital and 3D designs. Contributing to project solutions and analysing system performance data during testing.
CAREER PATH & TRAINING
Build your career as part of our Professional Trainee Programme within SPIE UK, and have the benefit of earning while you learn alongside SPIE sponsoring your studies at college or university.
- Follow a structured four-year work-based training programme combined with on-the-job learning.
- Attend a day release college or university programme.
- Receive support and coaching throughout your programme.
- Gain exposure to different services within the business to ensure you develop a portfolio of skills.
Explore our other opportunities